It's no suprise, your non-profit organization runs on the generosity of others! Without monetary donations, the mission and vision of your non-profit can slow to a crawl or even halt altogether, which is why it's critical for any non-profit to provide a way for new and recurring donors to process payments as securly and conveniently as possible. If you non-profit runs on Drupal, then you have a lot of different ways in which to accept donations on your website. Customer relationship management (CRM) systems like RedHen CRM and CiviCRM integrate with Drupal and come with their own fundraising components, but if you don’t want to integrate a CRM with your Drupal solution, you have plenty of other options. This blog post covers some of the options available. They range from basic to complex, depending on your needs.
Donorbox Embed Widget
Currently, there is not a contributed Drupal 8 module for Donorbox (we are working on that!). However, Donorbox makes it very easy to embed a donation form on your Drupal 7 or 8 website.
- How to Embed a Recurring Donation Form in Drupal 8
- How to Embed a Recurring Donation Form in Drupal 7
Donorbox has a lot of great features including:
- Fast checkout with Apply Pay, Google Pay, PayPal Express with One-Touch, Bank Payments
- Increase donations with monthly, annual and weekly recurring donations; donors cover fees; company gift matching; company donations and multi-currency support
- Campaign marketing with pop-up donation forms; language localization; social media sharing; donor comment wall; Facebook button integration and goal meters.
- Safety and security with fraud detection; SSL / TLS encryption and tokenization of financial data
- Donor management with donor profiles; custom questions; donation notes; contact info collection
- Complete customization with customized donation form colors to match your brand and the abliity to write custom CSS
- Tax and legal with tax recipts; year-end tax receipts; GDPR friendly forms and anonymous donations
- Analytics integration with Google Analytics; Facebook Pixel and Google eCommerce and Adwords tracking.
Drupal Commerce + Online Payment Processor
Drupal Commerce is used to build eCommerce websites and applications of all sizes. At its core it is lean and mean, enforcing strict development standards and leveraging the greatest features of Drupal 7 and major modules like Views and Rules for maximum flexibility.
Whereas eCommerce solutions are often developed with an application mindset, highlighting what you can do with it out of the box, Drupal Commerce was developed with a framework mindset, focusing on what you can build with it. The core Commerce systems make no hard-coded assumptions about your business model, privileging developers and site builders at the core level to build custom eCommerce solutions to suit.
Drupal Commerce can be easily customized to accepts donations utilizing any of the major payment processors like PayPal, Strips or Square so that your organization has complete control over the user expererience for processing donations online. For more information, see https://commerceguys.com/blog/using-custom-line-items-provide-donation-feature-drupal-commerce
Give Drupal 8 Module
The Give module aims to provide an easy way for people to give your organization money. A lightweight way to accept donations, it nonetheless supports automated recurring donations and, through a fieldable donation entity, collecting custom further information from people while they make a payment. For example, a textarea could invite a dedication, or a term reference or a content reference could associate a donation with a purpose or project.
- Create donation forms within your Drupal site
- Automatically send thank you emails to donors
- Set recurring donation options
- Donation reports
- Integration with the Paragraphs module
Recurly Drupal 8 Module
The Recurly Drupal module integrates Drupal with Recurly, a subscription management and billing service. It works with your existing payment gateway or merchant account, or you can use Recurly’s own free gateway. The module allows for optional push notifications from Recurly.com, offers the ability to view invoices and subscriptions, and allows for the upgrading or downgrading of subscription levels. The module can further be configured to outsource account management to Recurly.com.