As a small business or non-profit, you probably do not have a huge budget (if any budget) for advanced search engine optimization and a local marketing strategy. The good news is, Moz.com offers a lot of free tools that can help you jump start this partucilar area of your business. Moz.com is argueably the go-to website for all things SEO and online marketing related offering various paid features, but here are some of the free tools that Moz makes available with a free account.
For Search Engine Optimization
Target with Keyword Explorer
Leverage the largest, most accurate search keyword database to discover and prioritize the best keywords for your site.
- You enter the URL of the website or page you want to get link data for.
- You create a Moz account to access Link Explorer and other free SEO tools.
- We send a notification to verify your email–help us keep the robots out.
- You get a comprehensive analysis for the url you entered plus, much more!
On-page Metrics with MozBar
Examine and analyze important search, social and page metrics of any site you visit right in your Chrome browser.
- Create custom searches by engine, country, region, or city.
- Access and compare link metrics across pages while viewing any SERP.
- Find and highlight keywords on a page and differentiate links by type: Followed, No-Followed, External, or Internal.
- Expose page elements, general attributes, markup, link metrics, and HTTP status.
- Quickly assess ranking probability with Page Authority and Domain Authority.
- Export your SERP analysis details to a CSV file.
For Local Marketing
Check my business listing
See how your listing appears on local search engines and directories, and how it can improve with Moz Local.
Manage Permissions with My Business Console
Google My Business admin management just got simpler. My Business Console is the easiest way for brands and franchisees to audit, add, and remove managers in bulk.
- For Brands: Audit and remove existing admins or invite internal employees to manage pages.
- For Agencies: Give clients an easy way to add agency contacts as managers for all pages or a subset.
- For Franchises: Quickly grant store manager admin access to a specific Google My Business page.
Start optimizing local business listings by first assigning the right categories. Categories are one of the most important ranking factors in local search on Google and other search engines. Moz Local Category Research helps you find the right categories for your business—for each search engine or directory. Because each search engine has its own set of categories, one of the most difficult and time-consuming parts of submitting your listings is choosing the right categories for each one. This tool lets you see how any category maps to each search engine and directory to make sure the labels you’ve chosen accurately describe your business.